Learning through literature is an awesome way to get an education. It can help students really understand and grasp various concepts that they just haven't been able to get through standard means of education. Learning through literature like trade books - can open doors of understanding that textbooks often close.
1) Make visiting your library a regular occurrence.
2) Allow your children to read at any time... even if it means staying up a bit after they get in bed.
3) Read together
4) Read aloud to them during the day
5) Encourage them to discover the types of books that will help them learn even if the book is fun and engaging
6) Plan your school year lessons around engaging and great classic literature